Farfalle with Zucchini & Basil Posted on 20 Mar 17:18 , 0 comments
Serves 3 - 4
This recipe captures the sweetness of a summer zucchini which blends beautifully with the smokiness of the pancetta. The addition of fresh basil reminds you its summer.
- 500g farfalle pasta
- Olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthways and sliced finely
- 200g pancetta, diced
- Small bunch of basil
- Grated parmesan
- Salt, pepper
- Place a large pot of water on heat and once boiled add salt then the pasta. Stir through to ensure the farfalle do not stick. They will not do so if there is plenty of water.
- In a separate frying pan heat a little olive oil then add the onion and garlic and cook for a minute until onion is translucent. Add the pancetta and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the sliced zucchini, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper and stir through. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Stir through the torn basil leaves and remove from heat.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain and combine with the zucchini mixture. 6. Serve warm in bowls with grated parmesan over top.