Pine Mushroom Pitte Posted on 20 Mar 17:43 , 0 comments
(Pine Mushroom Fritters)
Serves 3 - 4
Pine mushrooms have a very brief availability in the heart of Autumn.
They have a distinctly strong forest floor flavour which sets them apart from other mushrooms. If Pine mushrooms are difficult to find you can substitute with another
strong flavoured variety like a Swiss Brown.
These pitte are a perfect spuntino (snack) for a weekend afternoon gathering with friends.
- 200g pine mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup plain fl our
- Good pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cold water
- Olive oil for frying
- Mix together flour, egg, salt and enough water to form a thick batter.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the oil and cook on both sides until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve warm with a sprinkling of salt.
- Perfect as a appetiser with a glass of vino.