Vitello con Salsa di Uova, Limone e Pretzemelo Posted on 20 Mar 18:07 , 0 comments
(Veal chops with Egg, Lemon & Parsley Sauce)
Springtime brings tender veal to our table and this recipe is a great weeknight family meal. It goes very well with bitter greens like endive as this helps cut through the richness of the sauce.
- 8 veal chops
- 1/2 cup plain fl our
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt, pepper
- 2 eggs. beaten
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tabs parsley, chopped finely
- In a large frying pan with a lid heat some olive oil. Dust the veal chops in a little flour and fry until lightly coloured. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little extra olive oil the add the onion, garlic and parsley to the frying pan and cook until onion is translucent.
- Return the veal chops to the frying pan.
- Add the white wine, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Place lid on frying pan and cook on very low heat for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the eggs, lemon juice and parsley.
- Once the veal chops are cooked remove from heat and pour the egg mixture over the chops.
- Serve immediately.