Verdura con Uova Posted on 20 Mar 18:22 , 0 comments
(Greens with Eggs)
Serves 3 - 4
This recipe comes from Mirella, one of our first subscribers whose mother used to cook this dish for her using fresh greens from the garden. Today Mirella enjoys cooking this tasty and simple dish for her children. An ideal quick meal after a busy day.
- 1 bunch verdura (silverbeet, endive, or any other leafy green) washed thoroughly
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- Cook the verdura by placing in a pot of salted boiling water and allow to cook until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Then drain, reserving a little water.
- In a fry pan heat some olive oil and add the sliced garlic. Fry lightly then add cooked verdura with a little of the reserved cooking water and salt. Allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the beaten eggs mixed with the parmesan and stir through the verdura. Leave to simmer until egg has cooked.
- Perfect with grilled meats especially salsicce (sausages) or just good bread.