Chicken with green beans and tomato Posted on 2 Apr 09:04 , 0 comments
This recipe uses fresh beans, tomatoes, capsicum and basil all picked from the summer garden. This perfect combination is no coincidence; a reminder that Mother Nature knows what she is doing.
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 8 thigh chicken fillets (boneless) halved
- 3-4 fresh ripe tomatoes, blanched, peeled and chopped
- (or you can use 1 can peeled tomatoes)
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 300g green beans, washed, topped and tailed
- Salt, pepper
- Basil leaves, handful
- Heat a little olive oil in a large frying pan with a lid. Add the garlic and onion and cook for a minute.
- Then add the chicken fillets and cook for a minute on each side
- Add tomatoes and turn the chicken ensuring it is well coated with all the tomatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Place lid on frypan and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove lid and add capsicum, green beans and some of the torn basil leave and stir through. Replace lid and cook a further 10 minutes or until chicken and beans are cooked.
- Scatter the rest of the basil leaves and serve.